Happy new year! I cry every year when I hear Auld Lang Syne. Something about that song makes me weep. I think because it’s an ode to moving on to new things, but an encouragement to never forget what’s behind. That is something I think is very important. But, on a more trivial note, I’m looking back at my 37 posts in 2017 and seeing what people read the most!
Looking at my stats, I’m seeing that my readership is growing! 13K views and 5K visitors on here in 2017! Wow! For comparison, I had 9K views and 3.5K visitors in 2016. Thank you all for reading and following! Knowing people are finding my posts helpful and useful keeps me writing! I love to write, even if no one reads, but seeing that it’s growing on an upward trend helps me know it might be helping someone.
Here were the most popular posts of 2017:
- Jasper and Banff National Park: Packing List
- What did I wear from my carry-on?
- Confession: My Worst Travel Mistakes
- 9 things you didn’t know you could pack in a carry-on
- Travel Guide: Jasper and Banff National Parks
- Tips for saving money at the airport
- Best views in Ohio
- My summer wrap-up
- 6 ways to save money on your next trip
- How to be your own travel agent: Why did I write a book?
Many posts that were published in 2015 and 2016 were still very popular and some were even read more than the ones I posted in 2017. In case you haven’t read these, here are some of the most read posts of 2017:
- Allegiant Air and Rickenbacker Airport… I’ll do it again! (Guest post)
- Making the most of your quart-sized bag
- My favorite travel bag
- Camping and Dolly Sods Wilderness
If you’ve read all of these, bless your heart. If you haven’t, I hope you enjoy some of the ones you might have missed! It’s the perfect time to read through these since the holidays are over, and you’re probably itching to plan a trip somewhere! I know I am…