I can’t believe I’m saying this, but we are coming to the end of 2018. At the end of every year, I take a minute to reflect on the travels and milestones of the year. This year didn’t feel as crazy as some years past, but we definitely explored some new places!
Snapshot of 2018 travels
- Two European countries: Iceland and Scotland
- One Canadian Province: Ontario
- States visited: California, West Virginia and Michigan
- Bathing in a natural hot spring
- Car camping at National Parks in California
- HipCamping in Michigan
- Visiting a salt-production plant
- Finding a “secret” spot in Hocking Hills (and yes, I’m keeping in a secret!)
- Winter hiking in Ontario and stepping on a frozen lake
- Seeing a geyser blow
- Purchasing a vacation property
Top 5 posts of 2018
- Creating commercials for my book How to be Your Own Travel Agent
- Sponsored weekend trips to Ann Arbor, Lewisburg and Charleston
- Quoted in USA Today, Self Magazine, Philadelphia Inquirer, and Reader’s Digest
- Brand partnerships with Vision Global Wifi and Silversport
- Website visitors have more than doubled since last year. That means more and more people are reading my posts! Readers just like you. Thank you for reading!
Right now as this posts, we’re on a Caribbean Cruise celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. I turned 30 this year as well. Some big milestones!
That also means we celebrated 10 years of traveling together this year. I wrote a series of posts reflecting on some incredible trips! In ten years, we traveled 121,400 miles, which is 12 percent of the world. We’ve been to 3 continents, 17 countries and 169 cities.
We purchased a vacation property with two homes on it that we are renovating with two other families. It’s going to be a haven for years to come! We are real excited about it.
That’s a wrap, 2018. I can’t believe it.
I wonder what 2019 will bring?